Monday, June 17, 2013

Salutations, Explanations and Empty Promises

Hello!

If you're reading this, hopefully it is at the bottom of a long timeline perhaps out of curiosity. If not, I blew it.

I recently decided to keep a blog about books on the Internet. Of course, that means e-books will also be surveyed (a small toll when writing for Internet). Also consumed will be magazine-format publications--specifically, but of course by no means limited to, sequential graphic narratives.

While some traditional reviewing will take place, I also hope to present new ways to talk about books like:
1. Fun little Youtube song parodies,
2. Neat search engine optimized lists you can talk about at the water cooler to someone who hasn't (and won't ever) read the article you're talking about,
3. Blindly copying and pasting press releases in hopes of get some of that sweet, sweet publishing public relations swag (Daddy needs a free lanyard!),
4. A phone interview podcasts with entirely inaudible interviews,
5. Utilizing--reclaiming!--obsolete media in kitschy ways like making homemade cassette mixtapes of me reading my blog posts directly to you or exclusive HD-DVD boxsets with complete content commentaries on all potential blogs (po-bo's).

The reason I chose to use Blogger certified Blogger software is simple: I've never used it before and I want to learn how to use it so I work at Internet. Also, I love giving Google all my personal information, with my Gmail, my G-Wallet, and my very finely currated Google+, I just can't get enough Google. Hear that, Google? I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS! HOW ABOUT A LITTLE BOOST ON MY SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION--PRICKS!

The reason I picked the name Please Boss Man for this blog is because I am lazy. I didn't feel like thinking of a clever name, so I flipped to a page of Billy S. Burrough's Naked Lunch and picked the first thing that stuck out to me. Unfortunately, I since closed the book without checking the page number and do not feel like hunting through the book to find it. I really choose randomly.

Well, actually, I flipped around the pages at first and tried to make a blog called Ambiguous Obscenity (interesting vowel sounds but ultimately very pretentious; thankfully, some software company bought up the URL and never did anything with it so I couldn't use it. In any event, I flipped again, this time totally randomly, and immediately saw "Please boss man" in the upper half of the page. Thus, the name is meaningless--just like everything else en existence! That is why the blog is called Please Boss Man.

Anyway, this is getting lengthy, I promise to write in my new blog every single day, stop c--- c--- every time before I write, and eventually compose all those essay ideas I wrote down in a diary I probably already lost.

Yeah, right! Suck it, chumps!
PBM




No comments:

Post a Comment